Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter Blessings

Hello to all!

I hope that you had a lovely Palm Sunday, such a Blessed Sunday that opens a whole week of reflections and many opportunities to reflect and bless God for sending His only Son to save us; and showing us what Love is.







Today I would like to share with you an Easter card I have done with CRAFT challenge, and a Challenge Eileen launched on her blog, and the Easter themed ODBD challenge. There are some other Easter related challenges, so I'll make the list at the end of this post.

Eileen wanted an Easter card with no "cute images", and she asked for a stamped and coloured image. Mine is a "Whiff of Joy" image, part of the set released this year called "Birdie Love". The sentiment is ODBD, part of "The Cross of Christ" set.







I coloured the image with Copics, and distressed around the image with Dried Marigold and Spiced Marmalade Distressed inks. Then I cut the image with labels one dies and matted on a piece od DP from my left overs folder. After that I matted on a piece of orange CS and pieces of white CS punched with MS Doily lace punch. Finally I filled the corners with Magnolia flowers and half pearls around the frame.









This is how I decorated the insides. Flowers from my stash, and the letters spelling Grace as well. Finally I added a cross charm (cutting off the loop on top) Basic Grey Rhinestones and some faux stitching for added interest.






Copics:

G0000, 21, 82, 99
Y0000, 06, 23, YR24, YR16, YR18


Take care, and I hope each and every one of you has a Holy week and that you are receptive to God's graces upon you and your familes.

8 comments:

Patter Cross said...

Love your layering and the flowers in the corner. Just a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at ODBD! Blessings,

Eiglas said...

Beautiful Rosette! Don't know what more I can add - your work is ALWAYS beautiful and this is no exception!
It's really interesting to see what peeps can do without the 'cute' images though!
Thank you!
Hugs,
Ei
x

Sabrina Jackson said...

Rosette, goodness, you have done it again...you have created a piece of ART inside and out!! Thanks so much playing along with us in the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Grace said...

What a beautiful cheery colored card!!! Love the fold and layout and fantastic colors! Thanks for playing along with the ODBd Shining the light challenge!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Rosette!! I just love the cheery colors, stunning coloring and your design inside and out!! Gorgeous Easter card!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light Challenge this week!!

Eiglas said...

Hi Rosette!
If you pop over to my blog, I have a little something for you....you are joint winner in my lickle personal challenge with your gorgeous card!
Congratulations!
Hugs,
Ei
x

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at the Easter Challenge at CRAFT Challenge.

Jo and Tigerlover.

Debbie said...

Hiya, just discovered this blog - fab too. How are you Rosette? Hope all is well with you. Blessings
Debbie